Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

So this weekend is the first weekend I have actually done something since Jeremy left. I have been super busy the last few weeks getting everything done for the wedding and just working so it was a good time to get away. Jeremy's friends were all going to Zions National Park for Memorial Day Weekend and one of the girlfriends asked if I wanted to go! I was way excited! I didn't know if it was going to be weird without Jeremy but it wasn't it was still really fun. The first night Devin, Amanda and I drove down late because Devin had to work. We got to the camp area at about 1:30 am. We drove around for about an hour looking for our friends. Finally we just ended up setting up camp and camping for the night. We were going to just go wait at the gate of Zions because we didn't have any cell service. We ended up finding them right before we were going to leave. So that first day we hiked up Angels Landing. It was a really fun hike. It was hard enough to feel like you were really working hard but easy enough that you didn't die. When we got to the top it was the prettiest view ever. I was so sad Jeremy wasn't there though. So I wrote up there Kylie+Jeremy and a heart :) so he was there is spirit. After that hike I was so tired I never wanted to hike again. Brady and I ran down to get down fast and saw this guy go sit in the river to cool down. We decided that was a good idea. So we went and sat down in the river. It was so cold though you could sit for a good second before you had to move. I was so sunburned after this hike too, I don't remember the last time I got this sunburned. That night we went hot tubing and had a fire. The fire was fun because we played mafia with a total of about 20 people. The next day I wanted to go home because I wanted to be able to Skype with Jeremy and actually talk to him! There was no room in the only car going home though! Mike decided he wanted to stay so he said I could go in that car. I was so excited! Before we left though we went on another hike. It was called something like Hidden Canyon? This was a crazy hike. It was really fun but it was kind of scary at times. You actually had to really climb places to get to parts. It was a little harder then angels landing but most the hike you were in the shade because you were hiking between two walls. It was a longer hike too and never really seemed to end. We got the the glacier and decided that was the end for us. Our car left at about 5 that afternoon. When I got home I was so happy to shower and spend Memorial Day with the family. We had a nice BBQ and had fun hanging out.











Jeremy also had a fun Memorial Day weekend. Jeremy works really hard 6 days a week and gets Sundays off. He decided it was a good idea to go to Six Flags and buy a season pass. First he decided to not go to all three hours of church and then buy this season pass. If you can't tell by my sarcasm I wasn't happy. I think since we are getting ready to get married he needs to also be and that means all three hours of church every week. Then he spends money on a season pass which right now we are trying to save our money. He now knows that is a no no and is going to be better ;). I believe he did have fun though and I hope he is able to use his season pass more (just after his three hours of church)

No comments: